Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Hand-Made


So someone commented on my Sanita Clogs. I love them, and I said they were hand-made. I didn't mean to sound like a snob, I just like things that are hand-made and made well. I will pay a little more for something higher quality than for something that is going to only last me one year. That's how I roll.
Which is also why I like knitting so much. I see hats, gloves and now sweaters that I'm like: "I can knit that!" I love it! The thought of knowing that pride was put into something wearable and long last makes me happy.
Now, the down-side. Okay, so clothes from like Chinese labor shops are probably either half machine half man(or woman) made. However, that is not what I am referring to. I mean, quality, not sweat labor for pennies! I hate that a lot of clothes are from China or other poor countries where I am buying something for $50 when the person who made it probably got $5. I am beginning to ramble here. So, you get my point.
Hand-Made pride!!! Support your local stores!!! That should be a national holiday! Support your local stores day! Instead of Black Friday! (that won't fly I know)

No comments: