So, last week, Tom was playing StarCraft II while I was getting ready for bed. He looks up at me while I put away my knitting and says, "want to get married next year instead?" (Instead of two years out).
Ta-Dah!!!! September 24, 2011 is the planned date, and I have been going insane with excitment. The reason we were waiting was well, for a lot of reasons. I shall announce them now
1. I was going to go for my Masters (now that, that idea is a blow-out for now)
2. We just bought a house last March. However, we have since settled down and are preparing like the squirrels in our yard for winter.
3. We have been together for almost 4 years (November 10!).
4. It's the right age. . . I'll be 26, he'll be 25. Yes, I am the older woman. . . LOL
5. He wants me to have health insurance. He has a great plan, and I well though I have two great jobs (office manager/advertising manager for the college paper) It does not provide me with health insurance.
6. We are in love (DUH!)
7. Damn (pardon moi french) good excuse to have a party!! With Friends and Family!
8. Fricken' good excuse to go on VACATION!!!! Planning on Seattle/Vancover/Portland Yeah, it's gonna be sweet!!
9. CAKE!!!!!!!!!! I love cake!!!!!
and finally 10. Getting married at my favoirte place in the world. My Great Uncles Island aka Happy's Island! Heaven on earth!! I kid you not. I'll load up pics. Or just check out my flickr page. :)
Long snooze, well it's only Tuesday, "nuff" said.