Thursday, December 23, 2010

Weekend and Holiday Gifts





So this weekend we went downstate to Tom's family Christmas party. It was a lot of fun. It was good to see everyone.


We were in Royal Oak, and stopped over in Northville at a place called Center Street Knits.


I purchased my first sweater pattern and cascade 220 yarn.





I'm really excited to make this. The ladies who worked there were super nice!!


I will return there again.








Last batch of felted slippers are done and need the final finishing touches to them.

















On to the gifts. My friend Erin loves Etsy, who doesn't?
She found this hand-made needle holder for me.
It came with stitch markers too!










I had mentioned when we were out for DownTown Ladies Night, that I needed a needle holder. I love the green!!












Honestly, I cannot wait to fill it up with needles.


























My friend Jessie got me this lovely oatmeal soap.















Hand-made face towels. I love them, used one of the blue ones last night :)



























She also made this awesome silk flower!! I love it. I will be wearing it for Christmas!!!
















While we were downstate, we stopped at Frankenmuth. There was the Castle Inn, very cool.






















It was PACKED!!!!!!!!! We also went to Bronners Christmas store, very cool. Also a store named Rapunzel, which Tom noted on the sign said Unique gifts and Yarn! I was over-whelmed by the sales lady that I didn't get any yarn but I did get a knitting magazine.


No comments: