Thursday, February 23, 2012

Knitting and Spinning Updates

One day closer to Friday! So I shall update you in the world of knitting and spinning. A lot has happened, and so I will attempt to bring everyone up to speed.

Hexipuff madness!!! These little cuties make up the Beekeepers Quilt with Kat and Celia.
This quilt involves knitting over 300 of these little puffers! A project throughout the summer! Will keep me warm next year!

I have started this new hat, Foggy Hat with some DK yarn instead of the recommended Worsted.
I think it will make a lovely spring hat. Might not be able to wear it for awhile-but oh well. :)


I have also been testing knitting for Annie, using her lovely green yarn and her Jaavesi pattern is coming along wonderfully!
I've been spinning lately, and a few weeks ago, Melissa the wonderful owner of Wool & Honey in Cedar held a fiber evening with Briar Rose Fibers which are fabulous! I behaved myself-but I walked away with some lovely Cormo (sheep on the left) and two hankies or silk!
So I spun up the Cormo and the purple silk hanky and here we are! LOVELY!! right?? Haha, I am not sure what I am going to do with this yet. I've been working hard at getting a supply ready for craft fairs this summer-but any takers now?

The blue hanky has been spun up and will be put with some lovely light brown alpaca! Silk and Alpaca what a great combo!

1 comment:

jaquelyn {mama thoughts} said...

That Beekeeper quilt is crazy amazing! What a cool project. :)