Monday, November 7, 2011

Yarn out West

So, probably not everyone cares about yarn, however, this will be a post about my spoils from out west! So Portland is MECCA!! for yarn! It was such a great place! I loved each shop I dragged Tom to. Hahaha, poor guy. . . he was a good sport about it though.


These two are from Seattle actually. Blue Sky Alpaca, which is one of my favorites to use. Really soft baby alpaca yarn in sport weight. I knitted up a pair of fingerless gloves with this! (pic will be up soon!)

Now on to Portland. Honestly, I wish I could have spent more time at Knit Purl! It was a really nice shop downtown Portland, but we had dinner reservations :)

If I had to pick my favorite, it would have to be Happy Knits! This places was really pretty inside! It was hard to pick my yarn out at this place. But I also snagged this cute project bag :) Tom also picked out some yarn for a hat he saw in the store (photo will come soon!) The multi color is Malabrigo Worsted, (Tom's choice) The red is Madeline Tosh Worsted.


I also really like Yarn Garden! Such pretty yarn there! Why is it so hard to choose yarn? Oh right, cause I'm not rich hahaha. Plus, out suitcase could only hold so much. Tom also picked out some yarn! I think it was fun for him to choose some too!

No comments: