Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday Favorites: Camera, Yarn, and Best Friends

Happy Friday Everyone!! What a perfect end to a strange week. . . (aren't they always strange. . . hahaha) So, I would like to enlist my followers in helping me choose. I am looking for a point-n-shoot camera for our trip. I know I know, the SLR's are the way to go. But honestly, I want something I can stick in my pocket and not get a neck cramp or worry about damaging a larger camera. Small is good :) I'm looking at two of the following, but if you lovely readers have other suggestions let me know.


I am very partial to Canon (thanks Sara!) So the Canon A3300is is great! 16 megapixel and image stabilization is great! However there is a lag-time of about 4 seconds between photos. However, I don't plan on shooting a race with this camera, it might bug me in the future. But I LOVE CANON!! Oh another thing, suggestions: need to be between $100-$200 dollars. ;)


The second is something I never thought I would venture to. Not to say I don't like Sony, just never thought I'd like their cameras. I'm old school with my brands I suppose. HOWEVER!!! this little guy is rather interesting. It shoots faster than the Canon, also has a special feature for low-light photos. Yeah! Oh N. Michigan winters SUCK! as far as light goes. Boom! if I wanna take a photo after work in the living room, I have to turn every light on and even then, I have trouble. So this little fella might be nice for that. 10 megapix, which I was really hoping for between 14-16, but this has a 10 optic zoom! and a panorama feature. Pretty cool.




Okay, away from tech, to YARN!! I have been bitten by the bug again. This lovely above is gonna be a sock with lovely Malabrigo sock yarn. I love it, and I've had it since last February, so now it's being used.

Back at the end of May, the Plucky Knitter was here in N. Michigan. Ohhh I love her yarn!!! I picked up two of the Primo! So soft!
I wanted a special pattern, so this will be a hat!! I know it's off the needles, but needs finishing touches! It'll have BUTTONS!! Yeah! How cool!!

And FINALLY!!

My besty Ace-Gang member is coming home this today, or tonight rather, for her Wedding next week. I cannot wait to see her tomorrow. I'm putting on her Bach. Party :) It'll be soo much fun!!

Happy Friday!!

7 comments:

Sara said...

1- Either camera would be good! The first point and shoot I had was a Sony Cybershot and it's fantastic. Jim has the A3300 if I'm not mistaken and he loves it- it also does the HD video, right? He loved it.

2- The photo of you and Erin is SO cute. YOUR HAIR IS SO LONG NOW!!! Congratulations to Erin for her wedding!! *HUGS TO YOU BOTH*

Anonymous said...

search engine optimization rankings sempo seo backlinks backlinks google

Anonymous said...

newsfromfernstreet.blogspot.com helpful resources On the opposite hand, when collateral is just not used, rates of interest are generally higher because there isn't any guarantee how the lender is ever going to get their money back

Anonymous said...

newsfromfernstreet.blogspot.com pop over to this web-site Once the process of confirmation is finished, one gets to be a quick approval

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I just would like to offer you a huge thumbs up for the excellent info you have here on this post. I am coming back to your site for more soon.

[url=http://onlinepokiesking4u.com]pokies online[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hello there! I just wish to give you a big thumbs up for the excellent information you've got right here on this post. I will be returning to your blog for more soon.

[url=http://xrumergeek.com]seo services[/url]

Anonymous said...

You're so cool! I do not think I've read through something like this before. So good to find another person with a few genuine thoughts on this issue. Seriously.. many thanks for starting this up. This web site is one thing that's needed on the web, someone with some originality!

[url=http://truebluepokies4u.com]click here[/url]