Monday, July 12, 2010

Past Week


This past week was not all the exciting.
I have undertaken a giant project. Since this dress is sold-out I have begun to "attempt" to make it. I say attempt because I have never made a dress like this before. SOOOOO it shall be interesting.
Mum is helping me however so I should be alright. I bought a pattern that looks a lot like the dress and the fabric etc. We shall see
Other than that, this week went by pretty smoothly. Cherry Festival was insane however we were able to enjoy it some-what by going to BINGO a few times. :) Didn't win anything but it was fun just the same. Last Monday was a holiday for us and Tom's Mum Sister and I went to get a pedicure. It felt soo good. Tom was babysitting his little niece then. It was cute. Uncle Tommy. She called today to tell him that there were heading back to Ohio. She's two and a half now. We are trying to schedule plans to head down to Ohio and visit sometime in August. However, it is a complete mystery still because I want to know my job situation.
I don't remember if I have talked about this, but I applied for a Library position at the college that I work at. However, I haven't heard anything. The story is this. The Library Director who was my supervisor last summer during my internship told me about the position. She encouraged me to apply. So I did. That was June 13. The application was open till June 25. The Library Director wanted someone hired by next week. Human Resources however, is very busy because a lot of people are retiring and a lot of jobs are opening up. Plus there was the new year contracts. (New years begin July 1 not January 1, strange I know). Then the HR person that was working with the Library Director was sick. Sooooo. . . nothing yet.
One might just assume that I am not qualified. Here's the kicker. I am, and I know I will get an interview. I have library experience, office experience, and my B.A. degree, which the job requirement is an ASA. So. . . yeah. I am friends with all of the librarians as well. :( I know it is stressful. And I know as soon as the Librarians know something they will let me know. It's just hard to wait on something that could change my life drastically. Tom has been grilling me for interviews. I have been looking up questions to ask, best answer solutions and so on. I even spiced up my interview outfit. I just want to bang my head against my desk. Good things come to those who wait I suppose. And if I have talked about this before. . . I am sorry. It is beginning to weight heavily on my mind. I try not to think about it, but it is hard.
Plus next week is my birthday. The big 25. (okay not that big). But I don't know what I want to do for it. :( I know I have to work, but after that I don't know. I am glad that I have this sewing project to work on. Keep my mind focused.

2 comments:

Jill said...

That dress is so pretty! I could never make it lol.
Good luck on your interview :D I know it's stressful waiting to hear from jobs

Unknown said...

Don't worry too much about the job - if you're qualified then you should get an interview! Sometimes people just take forever to get in touch, for various reasons. I'm looking for a job right now too and it's NOT fun. I will usually follow up with a phone call about a week after the closing date, just to check in (unless they specifically say not to call in the posting - don't wanna piss anyone off lol). But since you know the people your situation might be dealt with differently, dunno. Just providing tips re what I do! Good luck :)